Patio doors are one of the most popular features of any home.
They provide an excellent outdoor living space for a homeowner to entertain guests or enjoy the summer weather and convenient access while creating unimpeded views that flood interior spaces with natural light.The doors can come in a wide variety of styles. While old-style patio doors were notorious for heat loss, leakage and poor security, modern doors offer significant improvements. There are many different materials that can be used in making patio doors.
Frames and glass are more energy efficient, many products incorporate multi-point locking mechanisms for better security and sophisticated flashing packages prevent leakage. As with any window or door today, there are many choices when it comes to choosing a patio door.
Features and Benefits
- Multi-chambered door frame provides excellent thermal efficiency and strength.
- Steel-reinforced and fusion-welded sashes provide excellent security and durability.
- Internal weeps and sloped sill ensure optimal drainage of water.
- Triple weather-stripped side jams and full sash interlocks prevent water and air penetration.
- Double tandem, self-lubricated adjustable rollers allow smoother and easier operation.
- Anodized aluminum tract provides excellent durability.
- Reversible panels for bidirectional use.
- Extruded, heavy-duty, fiberglass-meshed aluminum screen frame provides for durability and strength.
Patio Doors-KEY POINTS & MAIN DIFFERENCES
|Frame assembly||7/8” fastened||5 7/8” fastened||5 7/8” fastened||4 7/8” welded||4 7/8” welded|
|Sash frame width||2 1/2”||2 1/2”||3 3/4”||5”||5”|